1. What is this document about?
This document explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with our service. In this document when we use the term “we” or “us” it is a reference to Giga Pty Ltd ABN 68 079 638 547.
2. How we collect your personal information?
- 2.1. Generally, the only personal information we collect about you is that which you choose to tell us (including by using our website), or the personal information which we obtain from others (including our service providers who may operate our online shopping cart and payment gateway).
- 2.2. We may also collect information from a friend or someone who refers our service to you, or through your use of our website.
3. What personal information do we collect?
- 3.1. We collect personal information which we consider relevant in providing and promoting our products and services to you, and operating our website.
- 3.2. The type of information we collect includes, your name, email address, telephone number, identification for verification of age (for example passport or driver’s licence), credit card information, your computer’s IP address, photos and billing information (where you purchase something from us).
4. How do we use the information we collect?
- 4.1. We use your personal information to allow you to use our website and to provide our products and services, or information about our products and services to you.
- 4.2. We may also use your personal information to promote and market our products and services to you, to maintain and develop our business systems including other websites we operate, to provide customer service, for traffic analysis, and to comply with the law.
- 4.3. If you do not provide us with all or part of the personal information we require, it may prevent us from carrying out the things we have stated in clause 4.2.
- 4.4. If you receive promotional material you may choose to ‘opt out’ of receiving this information, just let us know.
5. Do we disclose your personal information?
- 5.1. We will not sell your personal information without your consent, unless we sell our business or website.
- 5.2. We may choose to disclose your personal information to our contractors, our bank / payment gateway provider, our agents, our related entities, government authorities, law enforcement and any other party who may assist us in providing products and services to you, or in promoting or marketing our services to you, or any party who purchases or seeks to purchase our business (or any part of it including a website).
- 5.3. We may choose to disclose your personal information to law enforcement and government authorities (‘Authorities’) at our discretion. Disclosure is usually made where we suspect or become aware of criminal or unlawful conduct, or where a request is made by Authorities.
- 6.2. A cookie is a small file we store on your computer which holds the information we outlined in clause 6.1. Every time you visit our site we can view this information.
7. How do we safeguard your personal information?
- 7.1. We store your information in electronic form, but may also keep information in paper form.
- 7.2. We take all reasonable precautions to protect these records from misuse or unauthorised access by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
- 7.3. It is our practice to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed, but we must keep your files for the period required by law, after which time they may be destroyed.
- 7.4. We use a digital certificate on our website (SSL) which encrypts your credit card details when you undertake a transaction on our website. Our SSL Certificate is provided by Thawte and provides up to 128bit encryption to protect your credit card data when used on our websites.
8. How can you access information and ensure its accuracy?
- 8.1. When you provide us (or other third parties) with personal information, we assume that it is correct unless you tell us otherwise.
- 8.2. Unless we know that personal information is incorrect, we cannot correct it. You can assist us, by telling us when the information we hold has changed and is no longer accurate.
- 8.3. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, you can do so by making a request to us. You can contact us by email via our contact us page on our website, or by mail (The Privacy Officer, Giga Pty Ltd, PO BOX 1026, North Sydney, NSW 2059).
9. Do you have any comments or questions?
- 9.1. We welcome any questions or comments and invite you to contact us.
- 9.2. We may amend this policy from time to time, to make sure that it is accurate and up to date.